Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Waco? Normally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for camera installations: your front door, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Although your provider will be able to recommend where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Defend Your Front Door
While it might seem absurd that an intruder would try to simply enter through the front door, 34% of invasions occur at this obvious access point. You also have package thieves among other dangers to consider. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to manage these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you have the ability to chat with people who walk up and press the button. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can respond to each instance with 2-way talk and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. When a visitor begins doing something questionable, you will have your camera record a clip and send it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial suggestions to make sure you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Waco house offer a better sightline, seeing two parts of your property.
- Just below an overhanging eave or straight into a length of trim or siding are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be partly hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is an easier passageway for intruders than you may know!
- Over a patio or rear door -- or any doorway that can’t be seen from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always cut back any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure the camera’s view.
Recommendations For Getting The Best Results From Your In-Home Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your home in Waco. But the additional versatility does mean there are other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are closed and locked, the natural light through a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera located in an elevated area will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras on top of bookcases or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Set your devices in a spot where children or pets aren’t able to mess with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of securing them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best surveillance system won’t help you much if you’ve got a houseplant in the way. On the other hand, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to hide your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Just call (254) 236-5604 or submit the form below to start your project.